Monday 23 December 2013

Salt Mochi Review

I found this Japanese delicacy on jbox.com i had heard it was a popular snack so i thought it couldn't hurt to try it.

This comes in a nice blue and white wrapper with Japanese writing on the side which must just say salt Mochi. Inside this wrapper there is a bit of corrugated cardboard covering the Mochi which once you open you find a sort of brownish gooey thing wrapped in a very easy to tear plastic which is near impossible to remove it took me 20 minutes to get to the point where I was no longer willing to spend any more time on it. So i ate and probably alot of the plastic wrapping.

I've been told this is traditionally served with green tea which is a popular drink in japan.

This to me tasted horrible I've never tasted something like this before and don't think I'm likely to try it again it was a pretty big disappointment because i'd been told it was nice but clearly someone lied to me. This had a faint taste of licorice but its not even enough to say its worth you buying if you like licorice it just doesn't taste good. So I really don't recommend any one tries this.

I'd give this a 2/10 and that's me being generous.

Below is my video review of this product









No comments:

Post a Comment